We look forward to welcoming you and your students to the Museum. Here are some tips to make the most of your visit.
Advocate for your Visit
Request a Tour
- Request your tour by calling the Tour Scheduler at 414-224-3842 or register online.
- Order buses/transportation early.
- Tell us about any special needs when you request your tour. The Museum is wheelchair accessible. Assistive listening technology or an ASL interpreter for people with hearing impairments is available.
- Plan the length of your visit. You have the option of self-guiding the Museum (without a docent) before or after your docent-guided tour. Just let the Tour Scheduler know if you plan to stay longer.
- Register for a School Tour today!
Before Your Tour
- Confirm your headcount with the Tour Scheduler two weeks before your tour. Please Note: No changes in headcount or program/tour will be accepted after the two-week deadline. The Museum cannot offer a refund if your headcount decreases after your payment has been made, and cannot accept payment at the door.
- Prepare students for your trip by watching the Museum Manners video.
- Prepare chaperones. You will need one chaperone per 10 students; those chaperones are admitted free. (You will be charged $9 per additional adult.) Make sure they know the Chaperone Responsibilities–or have them watch the Museum Manners video.
- Organize student groups: 10 students and one chaperone per group. Each student and adult will need a nametag; this acts as their admission into the galleries.
What to Bring
- Nametags: Each student and adult in your group must wear a nametag that you supply. These act as your admission into the Museum.
- Clipboards/pencils (optional): If you would like to have your class write or draw, please bring your own clipboards, pencils, paper, or ther drawing materials. Remember only pencils are allowed in the galleries to protect the artwork.
- Do Not Bring…Your lunch! The Museum does not have on-site lunch facilities. Please plan your visit accordingly. The Tour Scheduler can supply you with an up-to-date list of alternatives.
When You Arrive
- Enter the Museum’s School Group Entrance, to the south of the Main Entrance on N. Art Museum Drive, unless otherwise directed by the Tour Scheduler. Please remain on the bus until greeted by Museum staff.
- Your bus cannot park on N. Art Museum Drive, but it may park along Lincoln Memorial Drive, in Veterans Park, and at other public locations.
- Be on time; arrive no more than 15 minutes early. Note that if you are late, your tour will be shortened. If you are more than 20 minutes late, your tour will become a self-guided tour. If you are delayed, please call the Tour Scheduler at 414-224-3842.